- Interactive Exhibition Design
- Museum Strategic Planning
- Museum Community Assessment
- Museum Institutional Assessment
Refocusing on three areas Museum Strategic Planning, Museum Experience Design, Museum Community Assessment, and Institutional Assessment. Focusing on three museum content areas, Climate Change, Future of Work (including STEM and STEAM) and Changing Civil Society, Ethics and Mores.
- Interactive Exhibition Design: The process ideation, prototyping, research aand documentation to define and decribe the participatory educational activity between visitor(s) and content. Often utilizing experinetial design, storytelling and group interaction.
- STEM / STEAM
- African American Museums
- Museum Stratgeic Planning: Comprehensive plan that broadly delineates where the institution is going and provides sufficient detail to guide implementation. Sets priorities and guides important decisions that are oriented towards the future. Some museums split this into two parts:
- Multi-year plan: Big-picture plan that sets strategies, goals, and priorities. Sometimes referred to as a strategic or long-range plan.
- Operational plan: Plan that provides the details needed to implement the decisions in the stra- tegic or long-range plan. Usually focuses on a short period of time and is typically geared to the museum’s budget year. Sometimes referred to as an implementation plan. For more information see the AAM Standards regarding an institutional plan.
- Museum Community Assessment: Each museum self-identifies the community or communities it serves. These may be geographically defined, may be communities of common interests, or may be communities formed around identities or a combination of these types. Community engagement: Engaging with and collaborating with diverse groups to jointly meet needs articulated by the community and taking actions that truly benefit the community.
- Museum Institutional Assessment: Institutional Assessment is the systematic collection, review, and use of information about educational quality, undertaken for the purpose of improving programs, services, student learning, and development.
- Publication of Designing Musem Expeirnces by Mark Walhimer, Rowman & Littlefield
- Expert Panel, City of Fort Worth, Texas, regarding the formation of the Fort Worh African American Museum and Cultural Center
- Invited participant National Scicnce Foundation grant, the Future of Science Center, John Falk Principal Investigator
- American Allianace of Museums, Museum Assementt Program, Peer Reviewer
- Fulbrigh Specilist Roster, Museums
- The Informal Learning Review, article COVID-19
- Second The Informal Learning Review article COVID-19
- Amecian Allaince of Museums COVID-19 Toolkit
- Experiential Marketing: Case Studies in Customer Experience Chapter, Wided Batat